Clearpoint Agency is determined that low income families, seniors and children don’t experience hunger this holiday season!
Join us in our effort to supply thousands of meals to San Diegans who would otherwise go without. Clearpoint’s goal is to supply Feeding America San Diego with 100 pounds of food and 3,000* meals – that can be achieved by raising $500 in donations for Feeding America. Please make a contribution to the cause.
Join us in making this a hunger-free holiday season in San Diego County. *$1 can supply 6 meals for needy families in our community.
Here are facts that motivate Clearpoint Agency to raise food and funds:
- In 2013, 49.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, including 33.3 million adults and 15.8 million children.
- In 2013, 17.5 million households were food insecure.
- In 2013, households with children reported food insecurity at a significantly higher rate than those without children, 20% compared to 12%.
- In 2013, households that had higher rates of food insecurity than the national average included households with children, especially households with children headed by single women (34%) or single men (23%), Black non-Hispanic households (26%) and Hispanic households (24%).
- Food insecurity exists in every county in America.
Kids and seniors need to be protected against hunger –
- 15.8 million children lived in food-insecure households in 2012.
- 20% or more of the child population in 37 states and D.C. lived in food-insecure households in 2012, according to the most recent data available.
- In 2011, 4.8 million seniors (over age 60), or 8% of all seniors were food insecure.
Food assistance is critical to close the gap!
- 12 million children are estimated to be served by Feeding America, over 3.5 million of which are ages 5 and under.
- Proper nutrition is vital to the growth and development of children. While almost all (94%) of client households with school-aged children (ages 5-18) report participating in the National School Lunch Program, only 46% report participating in the School Breakfast Program.
Donations will be accepted from October 20 – December 31
and can be made online at: http://bit.ly/FASDdrive
*Remember to select ‘Clearpoint Agency’ from the Fund Drive drop down menu.