Videos are a mainstay for the modern marketer and for any business wanting to compete for attention online. Engagement rates are often higher with video than with other forms of marketing content today. Competing for attention in a vast marketplace is challenging, demanding and often confusing for marketers and content managers. Utilizing video will help get attention for your brand by reaching overwhelmed audiences with creative and compelling content. Here are 5 of the biggest reasons Clearpoint Agency suggests using video content in your digital marketing strategy.
- Immediacy: The Content Marketing Institute asserts that there is simply “no content on the web today has the same viral potential of video, and few forms of content can match it for immediacy.” Video impacts directly, and is absorbed very easily; with the sights and sounds an audience experiences, video provides the most direct contact besides actual face-to-face interaction.
- Traffic: Cisco recently estimated that video will account for nearly 70 percent of all Internet traffic by 2017. Using video to create traffic to your site is a great idea not only because of the size of the market, but due to the fact that 64 percent of people are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it. Having your videos in multiple locations drives customers directly to your site to make purchases.
- SEO : YouTube is the second most popular search engine in the world, accumulating more than 30 million viewers per day and more than 1 billion viewers every month. High-quality videos with the proper tags and key words often earn very high search rankings. Having well-produced videos linked to your site, or to your social media accounts can really go a long way in terms of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Engagement: Videos are a great way to become more important on social media because visual content yields high levels of engagement, and video content surpasses still images. Social Media Today reports that companies with Vine (a popular video sharing app) accounts see a 400 percent higher share rate with Vine videos than any other form of video content.
- Retention: Consumers are much more likely to remember video content than other marketing materials. Text and pictures simply cannot compete for space in the viewer’s memory if there is video present. According to TechSmith, 80 percent of people can recall a video ad within 30 days – that’s the retention rate every marketer dreams of.
As the Internet and social media landscape continue to evolve, adapting to changing trends will elevate your content marketing program and drive results. Video has evolved into an indispensable marketing tool to grab your audience’s attention and boost engagement with your brand.
In short, people love video – USE VIDEO!
This blog was contributed by Ryan Sabatini, Account Coordinator at Clearpoint Agency.